Let’s talk about us!
In previous publications we have talked about the importance of technology within modern training processes.
We have been able to listen to the accounts given by three large multi-national companies (Vodafone, Artsana, Grandi Navi Veloci), involved in the design of training courses (clic here), riding the wave of Disruptive Technologies. Supported by Disruptive Innovation vs Sustaining Innovation info-graphics, we asked ourselves whether – in the era of digital revolution – the physical classrooms still kept their value or if they had been permanently substituted by digital, massive and de-localised forms of learning.
This time we shift our attention to something else… let’s take a step further, by describing the experience of the Together Suite and its Smart Solutions offer relating to digital, interactive and multimedia training.
Together has developed a complete, innovative and integrated course for the digitalisation of classrooms as well as the creation of dynamic environments, capable of offering added-value to traditional training methods.
Training gets Smart!
How? By making the most of the “paperless classroom” concept: a place and a method that use the possibilities offered by modern digital technology to create new learning and training paths.
By means of a Samsung Tablet held in the learner’s hand and a touch-screen IWB (Integrated Whiteboard) at the teachers’ disposal, all sorts of information, integrated upstream with the Together Suite, travel both horizontally and vertically through the mobile devices. The application therefore acts as a virtual archive of teachers’ educational materials, an attendance register and as a digital notebook.
The password is: interactivity!
“In what way?” Here are a few examples…
• The learners present in the classroom are given the possibility to take notes down directly onto the tablet: the notes are stored in the system memory and the user will always be able to access them.
• The teacher’s tablet can reproduce both the conduct and contents onto each learner’s tablet, by sharing items of information, detailed study material, videos, and links.
• Quizzes, learning tests, surveys and satisfaction questionnaires can be massively shared by means of a simple command. A digitalised report makes it possible to assess progress by means of a dashboard and statistics with real-time updates.
• The solution integrates the use of interactive whiteboards, making it possible to share tablet contents (of both teacher and learner) with the classroom.
“Yes, but… in what sense?”
• Remote teaching: Would you like to be able to manage a classroom divided between Rome and Bangkok, co-ordinated by one, single teacher situated in Milan? You can do it! By means of the Together applications and digital support material, remote training is child’s play!
• Possibility to re-organise the classroom layout: no more paper knight place cards, which are inexorably blown away with every gust of wind! The teacher will be able to view the learners’ photos – taken just a few minutes before the start of the training session – with associated personal data, dividing the class into work groups and managing the associated actions separately.
• Training-on-the-job support: Do you have any difficulties in transmitting machinery factory default user data? You can interact with employees with tablets in their hands, show them videos, technical details, applicative tests carried out in a multimedia manner, by entering data directly onto the final document.
• Teaching support activities by means of Apps for employees and teachers with “extra” functions: If you have just got off the plane and you wonder where the training centre is… You can have immediate indications as regards the right route to take, communicate delays, changes of location, additional information.
Infinite potential, significant advantages!
“I would like further information! Can I also save money?”
Yes, of course!
• From an economic point of view: you can save on travelling and transfer expenses. The lessons can be carried out remotely.
• From an organisational point of view: Integration – fully complying with the privacy – of all teaching and learning materials stored in one, unique system, advanced collaboration and sharing functions, less errors during data transfer, the possibility to trace actions and … lightening the workload of the Administrative office.
• From an ecological point of view: no waste of material, digitalisation protects the environment as it avoids wasting paper.
Together uses Samsung devices to support its features:
• AllShare Cast Dongle to share the contents of the tablet with the Interactive Whiteboard
• Samsung E-Board Interactive whiteboard
• Samsung Galaxy Note 10’ Tablet
• Samsung Chord for peer-to-peer communications among
• SPen-SDK for stylus management
In the future…
The digital world has infinite potential and there is no limit to imagination. The declinable, flexible solutions that can be adapted according to different needs, make Together a unique…multifaceted tool.
…with synchronous or asynchronous management of the classroom from one side of the planet to the other, integrated systems with constantly updated reporting features, incentives towards collaboration and sharing are at the heart of the system.